Toneelhuis attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data. In this privacy statement, we want to give you clear and transparent information as to how Toneelhuis deals with your data. Whenever you provide us with personal information, online or off-line, Toneelhuis treats it in accordance with the policy described below that is based on applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25 May 2018.
Toneelhuis works together with various organizations so that our audience can attend events. Among others, they include authorized ticket sellers who sell tickets on our behalf, the locations where our events are held and artists that we promote.
Toneelhuis is a data manager (that is to say, responsible for the processing of your personal data) for all of the information about you that Toneelhuis collects and receives from you when you use our services.
If you have questions after reading our privacy statement, or questions in a more general sense, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
1. HOW DOES TONEELHUIS COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information can be collected through various channels.
Directly from you, for example when you:
- buy tickets
- sign up for an activity
- subscribe to our newsletter
- participate in a contest
- ask Toneelhuis a question or contact us by email, telephone or another channel of communication.
We can also collect your personal information
- when you use our website (through tracking tools such as browser cookies and web beacons; see below)
- through third parties, such as our ticket partners Ticketmatic or Last Minute Ticket Shop; coproducers or collaborating partners for which we take care of reservation lists or organize ticket sales (together or independently).
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS AND WHY?
Toneelhuis processes your personal information for the following purposes and legal causes:
- your IP address, without registration. This information is only used in the form of anonymous statistics in order to offer our website in the best possible manner. This enables us to improve our website and our services to you. The identity of specific individuals or companies cannot be determined from this information.
- your name, email address, home address, telephone number, year of birth, as the result of buying tickets to Toneelhuis shows. For the sale of tickets to our shows, we work with the ticket sales software ‘Ticketmatic’. You can read more about this below. We use this information you provide in order to properly carry out the service you requested (selling you tickets to one or more shows).
- your name and home address when you sign up for the mailing list for Toneelhuis’s seasonal brochure. The printer uses this list in order to send brochures to the correct address. We use this information in order to properly carry out the service you requested (sending you the brochure).
- your first and last name and email address when you sign up for our newsletter. For us to send you our newsletter, you give us explicit permission in advance to include your email address on our mailing list.
- our photographers make photographs and videos at Toneelhuis locations and during our shows. We keep this material in our archives and publish a selection of photographs and videos on our social media channels and in following editions of printed matter. If we want to take a photograph of you in particular, we do our very best to obtain your permission first. When publishing recognizable photographs on Facebook and in our printed matter, we make a reasonable effort to obtain permission ahead of time. If you are the subject of one of our photographs and do not wish to have it published any longer, please contact us at the address above.
We use the data we collect only for the purposes for which we have received it. You are not required to give us your personal information but you should be aware that offering you certain services is not possible if you refuse to allow it to be processed.
3. FOR WHAT AND HOW DOES TONEELHUIS USE THE DATA IT COLLECTS, AND ON THE BASIS OF WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS?
Toneelhuis uses the collected and stored data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the service (show) you requested (carrying out an agreement)
- to send you a service email with practical information about the show you attend (legitimate interest)
- to send you newsletters and personalized mailings based on your interests and invitations, such as seasonal overviews, upcoming shows. We regard the fact that you have subscribed to the newsletter as proof that you give us permission to send you mailings (permission of party involved)
- to verify tickets in our own theatre or at the venues of coproducers and/or collaborating partners (legitimate interest)
- to contact you by telephone or email when a show is cancelled at the last minute or there has been a change (legitimate interest)
- to detect fraud and other violations of the law, such as black-market ticket sales, misuse of our intellectual property (statutory obligation)
- to improve the quality of our services
- for market research and client profiling in order to make information about our products and/or services more relevant for you and to offer you publicity that is more tailored to your possible interests and wishes
- to obtain grants from the government (statutory obligation).
4. WHAT CHOICES CAN YOU MAKE ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
When you buy tickets or sign up for the newsletter, Toneelhuis asks your permission to collect, process or use your personal information for specific purposes (such as described above). If you wish to withdraw the permission you have given, please contact us.
If you withdraw permission, it’s possible that you will no longer receive practical information and will miss out on other useful information.
5. WITH WHAT THIRD PARTIES CAN WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
Toneelhuis can share certain personal information with third parties if this is necessary in order to carry out the purposes described above.
For instance, we use a third party to:
- sell tickets to our shows (Ticketmatic software; other cultural institutes/coproducers and collaborative partners; for example, we hand over guest lists)
- administer the website (Inventis)
- service the internet environment (Combell web hosting)
- post seasonal and other brochures (Guido Maes printing services)
- email newsletters, service mails and invitations (Campaign Monitor mailing software).
With processors such as these, Toneelhuis signs a processing contract that conforms to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25 May 2018. That way we know that they are GDPR compliant.
We never give personal information to third parties with whom we have not signed a processing contract. In such a contract we indeed make the necessary agreements with these parties (processors) in order to guarantee protection of your personal information.
Furthermore, we will not hand over to third parties the information that you have provided us unless this is legally required and permitted.
6. DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
The Toneelhuis shows, website and ticket sales are intended for persons from the age of 16 and up. Toneelhuis processes the personal information of minors (those younger than 16) if, and only if, a parent or legal representative has given us written permission to do so. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you think that your child has provided us with personal information, please do not hesitate to contact Toneelhuis.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Toneelhuis keeps personal information no longer than what is necessary for the purpose for which it was given or what is required by law. If you do not place an order within a period of 10 years?, we will remove your data from our ticketing database.
8. WHAT SAFETY MEASURES DOES TONEELHUIS MAINTAIN?
We have taken the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against unlawful processing.
- All persons who can access your personal information on behalf of Toneelhuis are bound by nondisclosure.
- We maintain a username and password policy on all of our systems.
- We make backups of personal data in order to be able to retrieve it in case of physical or technical malfunctioning .
- We test and evaluate our safety measures on a regular basis.
- Our personnel are informed about the importance of protecting the privacy of your personal information.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file that gets saved on your computer. The pieces of information stored on these cookies can only be read by us and only for the duration of your visit to our website www.toneelhuis.be. Cookies never store personal information such as your name, address, age or other marks of identification. Only your preferences and interests based on your surfing behaviour are stored.
Although there are different kinds of cookies, distinguishable in terms of functionality, origin or length of time stored, the law mainly makes a distinction between functional or technically necessary cookies on the one side, and all other cookies on the other side. Toneelhuis uses the following types of cookies:
- Technically necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary in order to make the technical operation of our website possible.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are used to make our website more functional for the user, such as the possibility of saving preferences for settings and other functions, whether within the duration of a particular session or not.
- Analytical cookies. Toneelhuis uses Google Analytics in a privacy-friendly manner in order to be able to analyze how visitors use our website. This enables us to improve the website’s user-friendliness.
On our website you will find buttons to our Facebook and Instagram pages. Here we also use tracking, via a so-called pixel.
For cookies placed by third parties (Google Analytics, among others), we refer you to the statements these parties give on their respective websites. Please note: we do not have any influence over the content of those statements, nor over the content of the cookies placed by these third parties, such as Google Analytics cookies.
10. WHAT ABOUT QUESTIONS AND/OR COMPLAINTS? WHAT IF I WISH TO CHANGE OR UPDATE MY DATA?
You have the right to inspect and the right to correct or remove the personal information that Toneelhuis has received from you.
Toneelhuis is not a commercial organization that is out to spam you with unnecessary emails and special offers.
If so, please contact:
You at all times have the right to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission; this is the supervisory authority in the area of the protection of privacy.
Belgian Privacy Commission:
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00
11. CAN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT BE CHANGED?
Toneelhuis can update this privacy statement as the result of changes in services, feedback from clients or changes in the privacy laws. Toneelhuis will announce changes on our website or through our newsletter. The last time this statement was updated was on 25 May 2018.