Toneelhuis concurs with safeguarding the climate and tries to make its environmental footprint smaller. For instance, in 2015 we signed the cultural sector’s open letter to the government on the climate and in the new season we are continuing our efforts to make our organization as climate-neutral as possible and work in a more ecologically efficient manner. Toneelhuis is part of Green Track in Antwerp and shares the climate ambitions of the city and province. Toneelhuis strives for a sustainable art practice in the new season as well. Besides making efforts to lessen its impact on the environment, Toneelhuis also advocates a sustainable and just society.
- endorses the campaigns of Hart boven Hard,
- participates in the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty,
- sets up initiatives/joint efforts with Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen,
- works on accessibility for people with a handicap,
- sets up introductory courses with mental health care organizations, social organizations for people in vulnerable positions, prisons, asylum and refugee centres.
Toneelhuis works with these partners and endorses their initiatives: